
After 3 kids and a dog, you'd think I'd be an expert by now... but sadly, no. We are just starting the potty training phase of life (again) with Brayden. The one and only consolation is this is the last time I have to go through this!!! (If I had more than one child left, I'd definately buy the above book!)
Just in the last couple days Brayden has been willing to sit on the potty and try to go. Still no success, but up until now, he wouldn't even make an effort. So today, I'm going to mop all floors, roll up the area rugs and see what we can accomplish. I don't believe in using Pull-Ups at home for training... they don't feel any different than diapers. Once we've had a successful go at the potty, we'll get the potty chair out in the family room, give him a cup full of juice and park it for the afternoon in front of a movie. If you have any tried and true potty training tips out there, please share them! I've been dreading this task for a very long time and can't wait to get it over with! Wish me luck!
2 comments:
For all 3 girls, we got a big poster board, put the days of the week across the top and drew lines to seperate the days. We hung it up on the wall in the bathroom right in front of the potty. The girls got to all decorate their boards with their choice of stickers. Farm animals where the best, they could sit on the potty and you could keep them there and keep asking about all the differnt animals and the sounds they made. Every one got there choice of 1 m&m when they were done with there "business". This worked for all 3 great. I had them all potty trained befor they were two years old with this! I also carried a potty seat in the back of the car for when we were out and not close to a bathroom. Have fun!
Potty training is the worst part of my parenting experience so far. Mostly because it's a power struggle that I never win - I had to wait until the child was ready. Which in Max's case was after he turned 3.
Post a Comment