Not to the computer problem... but we may have that worked out tonight.... maybe.... I'm borrowing Eric's laptop right now to get online, but still can't access my email... I'm apparently typing in the wrong password for online access and so I still haven't seen my email!
Over the last 6-7 months, my workout routine has been sporadic at best. I've been suffering from chronic allergies and asthma and it seems that I get one head cold after another. I'm not sure why I've been suffering so much lately, but I've had a really hard time exercising on a regular basis when I feel so crummy all the time. This week, I've had no computer and lots of motivation (my upcoming weekend away....) so I've been to the gym all 3 days this week. That's a miracle for me! I've also started in on a new head cold complete with some nasty sinus headaches. I'm dreading getting on a plane tomorrow with my current sinus situation. So, I remembered that my mom told me that swimming helps to clear her sinuses out when they are clogged up. So yesterday, I headed for the lap pool and swam for almost half an hour. I logged three quarters of a mile. It felt really good and my head felt clear (for at least a couple hours). So today, I decided to do exactly what I did yesterday... again. I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to go... I've never swam like that two days in a row and I was worried I'd be sore. The first 5 minutes were hard, but after that it was much easier. I ended up swimming one mile (64 laps in a 25 meter pool) in exactly 40 minutes. Yes, I was darn happy about it and my sinuses once again were clear! I wish I had time in the morning to work in a swim session before I head to the airport, but I don't think I do! I'm definately packing my suit, and goggles, just in case I need to spend some time in the hotel pool clearing out my sinuses this weekend!
2 comments:
I'll miss your blog til you get back, yours is one of my favorites to check, mainly cause you consistantly blog something new almost every day...like me!
Swimming! Who knew?
Post a Comment