The men in my life can't handle blood. Eric always got sick when donating blood and he threw up in the hallway when we took our first pregnancy/childbirth prep class way back in Provo. It was a humiliating experience for him. The childbirth video was more than he could take. In his defense, he never got sick in the delivery room. So, when it's crunch time he is fine. He's passed this problem onto our boys, too. Taylor passed out once at school (4th grade) when they watched a movie that showed a dog getting an injury and bleeding. He doesn't like blood... when he biffed it really bad hiking last summer, it took 3 people to keep him distracted while we cleaned up his bloody knees so he didn't pass out. Ian has this problem too... the first time we watched "The Other Side of Heaven" he passed out (in the pantry too...) when he saw the bloody feet incident. Since then, we are really careful about letting him watch movies with bloody scenes. It must be hereditary!
Tonight we finally watched Lost...(which deserves another post entirely...) and Taylor didn't handle watching Jack's apendectomy very well... he was in the kitchen and all of a sudden, we look up and he's laying on the floor in the pantry. He'd passed out again. Usually, when he does this, he wakes up the minute we touch him, but tonight it took a few seconds... it was probably 10 seconds, but felt like forever! It's a frightening thing to see your child unconcious... I don't recommend it! Thank goodness he didn't hit his head! Talk about a heart stopper!
3 comments:
We are so glad that Taylor is ok.
Hug all from us. Love Mom and Dad
funny post, because I pass out but not from blood, from not eating food! That's so weird how they could just all the sudden pass out like that from a visual. Yeah it was probably scary for my mom and sisters when I did...and Shar...and everybody else who has ever been around when that happened to me, ha ha
Its funny the things people are afraid of. I had no idea I was so scared of Rats until I had to deal with ours. I'm glad he's ok. And hopefully I never have that problem when dealing with a rat. I would hate to wake up with my nose chewed off.
Post a Comment