Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sweep



We went to a baseball game Thursday night at Chase Field. It was only the second time we'd been there for a baseball game. The Giants were in town playing the Diamondbacks. Eric grew up a Giants fan and I was born a Giants fan (even though my family didn't really follow baseball when I was growing up....) We've had good years and bad, but we've stayed Giants fans through it all! Lately, it seems we haven't had too many good years. At the game on Thursday night, I was looking at the roster on the board and didn't recongnize a single name except the pitcher, Zito. Pretty sad.... just a few years ago, I knew who they all were! I think part of it is because the older my kids get, the less time I have to sit and follow sports with Eric. Plus, Eric said our team is in a "rebuilding" phase right now... which means lots of raw talent (or not!) But, I'm realizng now that I have a teenage boy, it would be in my best interest to keep up with sports so I have some way of getting into the conversation and not being the "dumb mom" in a year or two when all the boys are at my house "talking shop".


Anyway, we got tickets to Thursday night's game... the last of a 3 game series. All three games were on TV (very unusual) and the Giants won the first and second game. Figures... they win the games we don't get tickets to... it seems like we bring bad luck to the Giants... I can't remember a game in recent years that we attended and they won, but Thursday they did win... it was an exciting game... close the whole time and we even enjoyed watching Randy Johnson go for a record (he tied it that night but didn't break it!) Now, I'm really glad I snapped a picture of the Big Unit stretching pre-game... didn't realize at the time he was trying to break a record that night!
Ian has turned to the dark side and become a D-backs fan... which is fine... we like the D-backs... just not as much as the Giants. But, I have to say that Chase Field is a NICE ball park. We got super close parking for $5, great seats for $15 and lots of good people around us (no crazy beer-fests going on....) I told Eric that we need to come back and see a game when the Dodgers are in town... then we can cheer for the D-backs with gusto!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Guess what?!? I almost went to that game, and right as we were walking out the door, we decided not to go! That is great that you guys were able to go!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails