We picked up a tie dye kit at Joann's that had three colors - fuchsia, yellow and turquoise. It always amazes me what you can do with just three colors... Brayden's pjs for example - they turned out lime green because we blended the turquoise and the yellow. This is one project that you just can't screw up!
Megan wanted to go for the "Uncle Jon" look. Years ago we did a tie dye birthday party for Ian and Uncle Jon did the craziest pattern with rubber bands and die but it turned out super cool, so Jon, I hope you are impressed... I think Megan's turned out the best and she didn't care one bit about what it looked like because she remembered how cool yours looked after everyone made fun of you for being "different"! 
Ian wanted a "Power Ranger" theme... we did our best to create a yellow "V" in the center of his shirt and he is very happy with how it turned out. He was the most particular about how we rubber banded it all, so I was worried that he would be disappointed with the outcome, but he liked it. Whew!
For Brayden's, I wanted a green/blue Ninja Turtle look. I ended up using an old white tee of his that he stained yellow all down the front spilling top ramen on him. You'd never know this shirt was ruined before, would you?

I'm declaring this project a total success - four sets of light weight summer PJ's for under $30 and the kids haven't taken them off in the last two days! They love them! The only bummer was not being able to do this with our good friends who decided to go to San Diego and play in the cool weather and the ocean instead of tie-dying with us! :)
6 comments:
Wow! Those look great! Good job!
I wish I were more crafty, handy and homemakery (is that a word?). I would've sucked as a pioneer.
Way to go Megan! I am impressed! I do like your shirt the best.
These are really great and Megan is so pretty. But the guys are soooo cool. Taylor, so what are you going to do?
Love ya Grandma
I love it! What a fun idea... we may just have to run to JoAnn's in the next day or two...
What a fun summer idea! They all turned out so cute!
Post a Comment