Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lessons I've Learned from my DADS

Three Things my Dad has taught me:

1. Go With The Flow - my dad is a really relaxed individual and when everyone else around him is stressed to the max, he knows how to stay calm and calm others down. It's a wonderful gift!

2. Be Responsible - for 30 years my dad was a cop, so responsibility in all aspects of life was a key ingredient in his make-up

3. Enjoy Life to the Fullest - since his retirement 2 years ago, my dad has been enjoying every aspect of life he couldn't do before - travelling, playing video games, cooking elaborate meals, visiting his grandkids often, etc.


Three things my father-in-law has taught me:

1. Be generous - Dad is one of the most generous people I know... even to those who might take advantage of his generosity

2. Serve with the True Spirit of Charity - Dad is always doing something for someone else. When he comes to visit, the first thing he says in the morning is, "What can I do for you today?" If I don't give him a "chore" he gets a little cranky sometimes!!!

3. Be Honest - we were laughing the other day when we found out his car insurance went up $10 a month because he had the honesty to call the insurance company and report extra miles he would be now driving for a new church assignment each week.


I'm grateful for each of these men and the life lessons they have taught me over the years!


And to my hubby - LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!!! I can't imagine the life we'd be living today without you in it! We all love you to pieces! Happy Father's Day to ALL!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails