Saturday, August 16, 2008

Baptism Day


It's been a fun few days with all the grandparents here! If we aren't outside swimming, we are inside watching the Olympics!
In our faith, we wait until our children are 8 years old (or older) to be baptized. The ripe old age of 8 is the "age of accountability". By this age, children are usually old enough to know right from wrong and decide for themselves to get baptized. We've been preparing for Ian's "big day" for weeks....

Check out this cool blanket Grandma Linda made for Ian. He made the pictures and picked out the fabric and she put it all together:

Ian was NOT happy about wearing the suit we bought him, but as soon as he changed into the comfy jumpsuit, he was all smiles!


Ian doesn't enjoy being in the spotlight, so he was relieved when it was all over and he could relax!

It's customary to buy a newly baptized child a new set of scriptures... hope he doesn't destroy these babies as quickly as he's worn out the paperback version he's been using!Grandma Carol helped him get this cool scriptures case to keep hiCongratulations, Ian! We love you and are so happy with how grown up and responsible you have become!

11 comments:

Elise said...

Ian, we are so proud of you and the decision you have made. Love the jumpsuit!!! :)
BTW, has Meg grown a foot lately? I hardly recognized her. She is growing up way to fast.
Love ya guys.

Kristen said...

Congrats to Ian!! That is so wonderful! I heard the baptism went great! Christy - Your hair looks fantastic by the way!!

Anonymous said...

It has been great being here for Ian's special day. We are so glad that we could come. We love you, Ian!
Love Grandma

Dezaree said...

Congrats Ian! That is awesome. Sad we weren't there to see it. I don't know why he was upset by the suit. He looks pretty handsome in it!!! Hope everyone is doing good. Tell all hi for us!
Dez & Geoff

Heidi said...

Awesome Ian! Congratulations! Enjoy the family time!

Shumway Family said...

Wow! I can't believe Ian is that old! How fun for him!

Your hair looks really long - I like it.

We've been re-doing our backyard for the past few weeks - I'm totally exhausted and behind on everything.

Have fun with all the grandparents in town!

Annalise said...

Wonderful! Congratulations to Ian! He's come a long way from joy school, in that snazzy suit.

Christy, I too noticed your lovely, long hair. How fun!

jill said...

Congrats to Ian! Chrity, I hope you are surviving a house full of people and no support at church. I'm back and you can take the week off!

Anonymous said...

awww congrats Ian!!!! beautiful family and such a great thing extended family could be there. You haven't changed at all Christy!

CoffeeGrind said...

Ian,
I am sorry we missed this, it seems like it was a wonderful day. And with so many family and friends it seems it would only make it better. We love you here and are happy for you.

Adam and Delia

Melissa said...

Congrats! What a wonderful day for all of you!
He may not like that suit, but I think it looks fantastic :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails