It's FINALLY raining... we are getting it all ---
the crazy wind, the lightning and thunder and the rain... oh the rain! :)
I went to Curiculum Night at Taylor's school and came out to stormy skies. I then jumped into Target to enjoy a quick shopping trip ALONE! (Something I haven't had since school started!)
When I came out it was raining... sideways!
I ran to my car... getting absolutely soaked the whole way. I didn't mind getting wet, I was just worried that I would fall and kill myself duing the sprint through the puddles in the parking lot. And of course, I had my favorite Gap flip flops on, which become super slick when they are wet! But, I survived and jumped across the road to Sprouts. We really needed fruits and veggies. The parking lot here really took a beating. Four trees were downed just outside the front door! 

Things calmed down once I got home and I took this shot from my back porch. It doesn't seem like an amazing picture, but keep in mind that my flash was turned OFF and I was pointing the camera at the blackest sky. I think my neighbor's house blocked the view of the actual bolt, but it lit the sky so long that I could press the shutter button on the camera after the sky lit up and I still caught it! 

I'm so grateful for the rain and the break in the heat. My car thermometer went from upper 90's to 73 degrees in about 30 minutes! Ahhh... sweet relief! Tomorrow morning is going to be WONDERFUL!
3 comments:
I love the purple sky in that picture.
Great pictures! I can't wait to see it in action. (Just not while we're driving there, of course!) There are times when you still can't help but stand in awe of the power of Mother Nature and her beauty. I love the purple sky picture, too. Stay cool. Our delta breeze is still going strong. Two weeks and no air conditioner. We are loving it.
Love ya, Mom
YAY for rain! I was so happy for it last night. Hopefully we won't have to wait long before we see more!
Post a Comment