It's soccer season again... and Taylor finished up soccer tryouts this morning.... and he came home from school with a smile plastered to his face! Well, I didn't see him when he walked in the door, because I was at Megan's piano lesson, but when I did see him, he was still grinning! He made the 8th grade soccer team! I'm really glad he made it because I had to buy new cleats, socks and shinguards just for him to try out. Nothing we had on hand would fit him. He also wanted new goalie gloves and a new ball, but I told him he had to make the team before I would invest in those.... so guess what I'm going to be shopping for this weekend?
I'm excited for him to be on the team, but I will say that sitting through 8-10 soccer games in 100+ degrees after school is not a highlight for me. Anyone have any tips on how to keep cool on the sidelines?
5 comments:
bring a spray bottle for misting yourself
That is so exciting for him. It's cool to see things like that through a mom's perspective.
As for sitting through those games... good luck:)
Congrats, Taylor! He will have a blast.
For you mom, have an ice chest (small) with ice cold soda and water.
I also like to have a washcloth that I can dip in ice water and wrap around the back of my neck. It really works!
Does this mean we're going to soccer games when we come in a week? I'll come prepared!
Love ya mom
You need a little umbrella, you know the kind you bring to the beach, that will keep the sun off, then keep the cold drinks on hand! Our soccer season starts in a few weeks, I too feel your pain!
Way to go Taylor. Soccer is such a great sport! As for keeping cool. Unless you can make yourself believe that you are really at the North Pole, I have no advice for you. It's just hot.
Post a Comment