Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rain....

It's hot outside.... it's muggy... the cicadas are driving me crazy... the pool is almost the temperature of my parents hot tub...and the skies are blue.... and I'm depressed.....

We've been in "monsoon" season for almost a month now... but it's been like 3 weeks since we've had any rain.... I'm having withdrawls! We haven't even really had more than one thunderstorm this season and the last one we had, was in the middle of the night, so we slept through most of it! Even just a cloudy, blustery afternoon would be a welcome relief!
Please, Mother Nature... show us some wet stuff... we're melting out here!

5 comments:

Connie said...

Let me know when the book club would be- I'd LOVE to come! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that you depend on monsoon season to get your rain. I am hoping that when we come, there will be a good thunder bumper. The Bay Area are doing water conservation and we are short on water from a dry winter, too. Does your monsoon season give you drinking water? Or do you get your drinking water from somewhere else?
We've been having an unusual amount of cool weather during the last two weeks. We haven't had to run our AC, which has been nice.
Love Ya, Mom

Heidi said...

Sorry girl...sounds miserable! We have had a very mild summer thus far and much less humid than usual. I have been enjoying it. Sorry yours hasn't been similar. Ever consider leaving AZ for some better weather elsewhere????

Sheri said...

It was nice at 10:00 pm last night. Windy, and sprinkling.

Yeah, it's not the same.

Methodical Wormer said...

I would LOVE a good downpour too. Now every time I hear the cicadas I think of you:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails