
Well, no Christmas decorating pictures to show off yet... we did get the lights up on the eaves of the house, but I still have more stuff to put up near the front door before it's finished, so I haven't taken any pictures yet. We got all the boxes down for the inside decorations and the tree, but I was too tired last night to start it as planned. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time. We have a desk now in the area I used to put the tree, so I'm already trying to figure out how to rearrange the family room furniture to accommodate the tree.
We did get a family photo for the Christmas card taken last weekend. (Thanks to Lynette and her awesome camera and soft focus filter .... love that!) It looks totally professional.... I'm super excited to put it up on my wall. The family photo we are currently displaying is like 2.5 years old or something... Brayden was a baby when we took it. We've attempted family photos since, but because of said "baby", they were never worthy to be posted on the wall.
I'm working on updating my addresses for the Christmas card mail out. I'm not into writing the "traditional" newsletter. I don't think very many people care about my kids grades or their after school activities. I like to put some of our funniest quotes or comments or stories over the last year in my newsletter. Here's the quandary... now that I've been blogging for almost a year and a half, I'm going to have a hard time coming up with good "material" that hasn't already been seen by anyone reading the blog. What do you think... should I hope for some really great material in the next two weeks to work with, or use some of the same stuff from the archives? Does it even matter? Am I worrying about something that nobody cares about anyway? Do I even need to write a Christmas letter? Cuz seriously, I've thought about having our blog address printed on the card when it's made and call it good. I could really save a tree or two by discontinuing the "Christmas letter" mail out tradition (which would really impress all my "green" friends and family).
What do you think??? Speak now or forever hold your peace....
8 comments:
Honestly I don't usually read the letters that come with the Christmas cards, I just skim it. I know I'm terrible. So if it were me I would just put your blog address on it and call it good.
Sharilyn
I read the letters and love them, but this year I just put our blog address on our card and am writing a recap of the year with a link to it on the side of the blog for those who don't want to dig through the blog to see what we've been doing. I've been asking myself all of the same questions and finally decided on that.
I love reading about what people are up to, myself. But if you have a blog, why not direct us all there instead. Kate would love you for your "green"ness and saving the Earth. Plus by publishing your blog address, you are giving those that don't read currently a chance to start reading. Go green!!! Go easy!!
speaking as a grandma, I love the crazy quotes or stories from the kids as all don't make your blog.
Case in point: brayden's tears over praying. Our kids have classic moments worth recording.
By the way, what desk in the tree corner? Love mom
Im a scruge, I think the letters are just all about braging and making families look so perfect. I say go with the blog address and I like in one of the above comments about having a link on the side with just all the updates of the year. I might do that one!
Good luck to you.....I will say though, I do like your letters, the things your kids say are really funny!
I'm lazy - I just write my blog address in if I don't think they have it.
Personally I would skip the letter. I think that most of them sound a bit braggy. The blog lets you share the good and the bad.
I am just sending out a very personal Christmas card to about 20 of our closest friends and family and putting our blog address at the bottom. I figure I can write a nice individual card to 20 so if they want to then go to the blog, they can. I'll probably write a little something on my blog for the blog readers also...
Post a Comment