Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

We're starting the New Year off right around here... it wouldn't be a complete holiday without a trip to an Urgent-Care Doctor. After finally defeating the Chicken Pox, we are now fighting Pink Eye. Ian woke up with it yesterday morning (after we'd had a party with two other families on New Year's Eve!) And now Taylor has it... at least my regular pediatrician is fine with calling in a scrip over the phone... like I want to waste anymore of my Healthfund getting pink eye diagnosed!

I decided to try the Walgreens Take Care Clinic to get treated for Ian' pink eye. They take my insurance and I didn't have to make an appointment or wait longer than 5 minutes. It was a nice change from the regular Holiday Urgent Care scene.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow kids just seem to know when it's a holiday or the weekend to get sick. I am so glad we have Kaiser with an advice nurse and clinic nearby. Glad you could find something to work with your insurance. Hope everyone gets well soon!

Sheri said...

That stinks.

I love having an eye doctor brother for just that reason :)

CoffeeGrind said...

Well, thats a rough start to the year. But hey, what re kids for? They give you a reason to enjoy life.

Happy new year.

Talk to you all soon.

Karen said...

Yikes!!! We have pink eye here too! Uncle Stan came down with it in his right eye on the 29th of December and went on medication the same day. However, this morning (the 4th of January) he contracted it in his left eye. I don't have any idea how I haven't come down with this yet. Keep your fingers crossed or pray for me. I need all the prevention help I can get!!!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Thanks for the tip about Walgreens. I still haven't switched to a doctor over here and mine is so hard to get into! Lucy's eye is definitely pink today, so we'll be heading over there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails