Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend Recap

Random bits of information from the weekend:

  • Friday night I said goodbye to my best friend who moved to Tennessee this weekend. It was depressing, to say the least. Thank goodness we both have Verizon... free mobile to mobile minutes... :)
  • I combated that depression on Friday night with Oreos, a self administered pedicure and 2 episodes of Bones. It worked wonders and I really enjoyed showing off my freshly painted toenails at church today... not that anyone else noticed them, but I stared at them a lot! (I've completely neglected my toenails since the pedicure I got on my birthday... back in early November, so they've been looking atrocious for a while now...)
  • Saturday I took Megan shopping for new church shoes... after 2 hours and 4 stores, we finally compromised. I bought her shoes that had a higher heel than I wanted, in return for the privilege to borrow them on occasion. They are totally cute and fit both of us!
  • Eric and I have been watching episodes from the show, My Own Worst Enemy with Christian Slater. Both of us are undecided if we like it, and we suspect it got cancelled since there only seem to be 9 episodes to date.
  • Today my alarm clock went off at 5:45 instead of the programmed 6:45. In Arizona, we don't switch for Daylight Savings, but my alarm clock took it upon itself to switch automatically, so we got woken up an hour earlier than we needed to... needless to say, it ruined my day. I've had a headache all day long that even brought on a few hours of nausea and upset stomach this afternoon. I finally got desperate and took Excedrin at dinnertime and now I feel normal again.
  • Eric rescued me this afternoon and took over washing dishes and making dinner for kids while I laid in bed and moaned in misery. He made the kids pancakes for dinner and they were in heaven. I think the boys might have OD'd.
  • I'm reading two books about the WW2 era... One is The Book Thief, the other is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society... I like them both, but they are so different. Interesting that I happen to be reading them both at the same time and didn't really know they were about the same era when I started. What strikes me is how amazing the people of that generation were. They got by with so little and endured so much tragedy, yet found happiness in the small and simple things of life. Definitely a lesson our generation could use...
  • Tonight Brayden went to bed in nothing but spiderman undies and one flip flop. We couldn't find the other. He wasn't willing to wear any clean jammies he had and when I suggested he re-wear a pair from last night, he absolutely refused because they were "too dirty." Whatever...
  • Tomorrow is our first official day of Spring Break. What am I going to do with the kids? I know I'll be rationing out the TV/Video Game time and taking them all to the library to find some good books to read over break, but beyond that, I don't know. Of course, I can put them to work on the weed problem in our backyard... it's a bit out of control!
  • Only ten more days until we go on Trek with the Youth. I'm really looking forward to most of it, except the sleeping-on-the-ground-with-nothing-but-a-tarp-in-the-desert-with-all-the-tarantulas-and-other-creeping-things part... I don't think I'll get much sleep... and please don't share any tarantula "stories" with me before I leave... I've heard enough of those to last a lifetime!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

My clock did the same thing! Do you know how upset I was that I got up, showered and ready an hour early?

Craig said...

Now we are on the same time, so if we come to visit we won't miss the track meet because we forgot about the time difference thing. Not that we have any trips planned for the immediate future, but you never know. Glad you are feeling better. - Dad

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I love this blog, that's all I gotta say...

The State of Our Family said...

Telling people tarantula stories right before someone's first Arizona campout under the stars experience is like when women start telling their worst birth stories at a baby shower! How rude!

Jones Family said...

I feel honored to make it to your blog. I am missing you too. Hopefully I can get my blog up and running to help. But I do have bad news. I am AT&T now. I tried to match up with Jason's company but that did not work out. I wished I would have stayed with Verizon. But my home phone is free long distance, so I'll call you back on that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails