Monday, April 27, 2009

April, part 2



Part two of our April adventures:

Elise and I snuck away for lunch and a pedicure...The night before the big "run" the adults went to Joe's for some great BBQ... kinda like a "protien load"....
On Saturday morning, the big boys ran in the Pat Tillman Run - Taylor beat both of the men and was rubbing it in all day!



We all went to watch Eric's Ian's car in the pinewood derby. The car qualified to come back in the afternoon for the Stake Competition, in which we didn't do so well...


We played at the park, we had dinner with Don and Tiffany (and family) and we stayed up late talking and watching the Office. Eric and Alan went to the Phoenix International Raceway (affectionately known as Redneck Alley) to watch Eric's first ever Nascar race.




On Monday, when our guests went home, we ran errands and then took naps on the couch! We can't wait for family to come again!


The End.

5 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Sheesh... your April has been packed full of fun! Well I somehow just got hungry (even though I just ate dinner) after seeing photes from Dilly's and Joe's... Mmmm!!

Ps- Take good notes for me at the cooking class tomorrow. I SO want to be there. Eden has gymnastics at 10... happy for her, sad for me!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Hey Christy, our next date is for Joe's but we've never been and always wanted to try it, we are carnivores over here. I for one LOVE Famous Dave's, how do you think they compare?

P.S. reading Potato Peel Pie right now but slow going with the NBA finals on every night...about a third of the way through...

Christy said...

We went to Dave's first and loved it. Then went to Joe's a couple times... then went back to Dave's... the whole time I was at Dave's, I kept thinking Joe's is better... Joe's is better... my FAVORITE thing to get at Joe's is the Jumbo stuffed baked potato with chopped brisket or pulled pork. I think their best meat is their pulled pork. It is to die for!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to July! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Kristen said...

Your kids are growing so fast! I can't believe it! I can't ever decide which I think is best - the Devil's Spit sauce at Famous Daves gets me - I LOVE that stuff...hard call. When are you going to come scrapbook with me?!? Sasha is getting ready to walk - it is crazy how fast it has gone by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails