Big Trouble in Little China!

Did you ever see this movie? Did you like it? I remember liking it... enough that I thought my kids would enjoy it.
So, we're on the couch and I'm remembering a scene that might scare the younger kids... so I tell Ian to close his eyes and as he's peeking through his fingers, he says to me,
"Mom, this is soooo 80's...." (with that exasperated tone in his voice...)
And so for the rest of the movie, whenever a fake monster would jump out, we'd all say, "it's so 80's, huh, Ian?!?" and laugh and laugh and laugh at how bad the special effects were. And they were BAD!!!!
But it was entertaining to watch and I wondered how we grew up in the 80's... it seemed cool then, but I look back on most of the 80's and wonder...
How did we ever survive before CGI?
8 comments:
I've never seen that movie. But I'm sure Ian has.
We love all things 80s over here, so we'll have to check it out :)
I, for one, and Ben for two, love that movie.
I happen to own the 2disc remastered version in DTS surround.
Oh yeah, I love the '80s!
Better to be from the 80's than to be a member of the "Woodstock" generation. Now that's something to be embarrassed about...in my opinion anyway.
I was in my 30's in the 80's and found it to be quite enjoyable. I think some of our movies nowadays are so unbelievable because the technology has taken things a bit too far. So, I say relax and enjoy those "oldies" of your generation. They were fun!!!
Karen, you Woodstocker. How dare you suggest that we should be embarressed by our heritage! After all, some of the greatest music of all time was part of the original Woodstock concert. I am for one am a proud member of the "Woodstock Generation."
I am just "embarrassed" when I fail to catch a spelling error until just after I hit the "Publish" button...
We haven't seen that movie, but we have watched a few other 80's movies and the kids just laugh at all the "scary" parts :)
I saw that when I was a kid and thought it was awesome. Doesn't one of the ninjas inflate at the end and explode?? Very 80's, but very cool!!
Adam
The 80's rock, what are you talking about, come on...COME ON, of course they do. The movies were great! One thing I love is that a lot of the clothes are back...with more vibrant color? For some reason, everyone, no matter how much money you made...everything just seemed a bit faded and everyone seemed poor. Maybe it's just me, or the fact that pastels were everywhere...
Post a Comment