Friday, April 3, 2009

Rut

Do you ever have blogging ruts? I'm in one right now. Sometimes I have 2-3 great post ideas every day... not that I share them all with you, but the ideas are always there.

Right now, I got nothin'... but I'm not mad about it or anything. I've been spending plenty of time getting my house cleaned and catching up on church duties this week, which has been really productive, but not really blogworthy news, know what I mean? I've run countless errands that have been put off and put off, and then put off some more... and I even used my 30% off coupon for Kohl's yesterday and bought two new church outfits for myself... something I haven't done it a LONG time.

I found out that our pool needs to be drained... like NOW. And then refilled, resalted and rechemicaled (is that a word?). So, I'll need to budget in a time next week to rent the $35 pump and drain my pool. Maybe I should take bets on how much it costs to put about 10,000 gallons of water into my pool. Next's months water bill will be exciting, to say the least! I'm a bit nervous to find out how much all the salt and chemicals are going to cost when it's all said and done... but we are already a year overdue on this chore, so it must be done.

Tonight we are headed to the drive-in to see Monsters vs. Aliens. Looks totally dumb to me, but the kids are excited and I love the drive-in. When we go with 3-4 other families, it's a totally social experience and it's such cheap entertainment. $20 for my whole family and we can legally smuggle in as many snacks and drinks as we want. I guess it's not smuggling if they encourage it though? It is windy outside today, so I'm expecting it to be a cold and windy night. We'll bring lots of extra blankets! Maybe I'll even try to bring some hot chocolate.... I might even get the World's Greatest Mom for that move... my kids LOVE hot chocolate and I never make it for them.

I am very excited for General Conference this weekend. I plan to dedicate myself to scrapbooking our Maui vacation during conference. I find that if I have something mindless to do, I can really listen well and concentrate. I started scrapbooking Maui just after christmas and have hit a wall. I just never seem to be able to budget in enough time to work on it. I'm planning to make some real headway tomorrow. Speaking of conference, I LOVE this... click here to read it again and be prepared to laugh your you-know-what off!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem as I am house bound in the horrible allergies. Hopefully soon, I'll have something to write soon!

Anonymous said...

sooo glad we have satellite now one session down and it just goes too fast

Sheri said...

I heard Monsters vs. Aliens is really good - but we haven't seen it yet...

CoffeeGrind said...

At times, I feel like I am married to my blog. Between D and blogging, I have very little time to myself it seems.

Ok, thats an overstatement.

On the other side of things, I would love to have a drive in here. We had one, once. Not anymore though. Now its a an RV storage lot. Not a theatre. Bummer.

The State of Our Family said...

I had totally forgotten about the Reese's thing...HILARIOUS!!! I totally know what you mean by a rut though. If there's nothing to say, there's nothing to say. I'm totally jealous you have a drive-in near you. That sounds so fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails