Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reason #27 why we need to do geneology...

Taken from Yahoo! News: It has the makings of a Hollywood script: A young rancher struggling to eke out a living in one of the poorest corners of the nation claims one of the biggest undivided jackpots in U.S. lottery history — $232 million — after buying the ticket in a town called Winner.

Maybe he's a 4th cousin twice removed on our grandfather's side... the saddest part? He'll only take home 88.5 million after Uncle Sam takes his share. I wonder how many undeserving companies will be bailed out with that $144 windfall in tax revenue.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I saw this on the news last week and was wondering if we could be related. Too bad he isn't a closer cousin or something.

BTW, when you take lump sum you get less $$ to start. I thought it was 50% or something.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails