
A few weeks ago I was visiting a friend who moved to the next town over. We talked books, landscaping, decorating and of all things, laundry.
I was complaining to her that my teenage boy's clothes don't smell any cleaner when they come out of the dryer than they do when they get put in the washer. They seem to be permanently laced with what we affectionately call "teeange boy smell" (or TBS for short).
She has raised a few teenage boys herself and gave me some great advice.
Put pine-sol in the laundry.
So, I bought a small bottle to try it out at Walmart and couldn't believe the results. The clothes actually smelled clean!!! I'm not really sure how much to use, so I use the little cup dispenser for the laundry soap and measure the same amount of pine-sol as I do laundry soap. It seems to work just right.
Think of the applications... smelly gym towels, teenage gym clothes, baby clothes and burp rags, sheets that have been peed in... and heaven forbid... cloth baby diapers!
I just bought 175 ounces of Lemon scented Pine-sol at Sam's Club last week. I think it may have been the best $8.52 I've ever spent.
Speaking of gym clothes, Taylor brought home his PE uniform from Junior High last week. I'm not sure it ever got washed during the entire school year. I kept telling him to bring it home and he kept forgetting. I was tempted to ceremoniously burn them, but refrained and promptly rushed them to the outside garbage can instead... although I think they could have walked their on their own. No wonder he never picked up a "girlfriend" in gym class...
5 comments:
good to know!
LOL at gym girlfriend
Good info. I also have tried a little vinegar in a load of wash that has sat in the washer too long. Makes it smell fresh and nice!
Thanks for the tip! I'm sure I'll be using it A LOT in the future!
I can't wait to try this on Nics work shirts!!!
Thanks!!
I need to try that. Alexander and Ben are already starting the get that smell.
BTW, we went out for cherry dipped cones on Saturday. thank you so much for the gift card! I had forgotten how much I love those.
Post a Comment