Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teenagers

An exchange I just had with my 14 year old son... after he walked down the stairs into the family room:

Me: Is that shirt clean?

T: yeah....

Me: that's funny, becuase I saw that shirt lying on the bathroom floor just yesterday. So, is that shirt clean???

T: Well... I don't have to go anywhere....

Me: yeah, well I still have to smell you... so you could at least put on a clean shirt.

T goes sullenly back upstairs and comes down with a clean shirt and a scowl on his face.

A mother's work is never finished...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel so bad. I have the exact conversation with your Dad on a regular basis. It must be a "guy" thing.

Anonymous said...

You really ask a lot, Christy. ;)

Janine

Sheri said...

That's not too bad. I have to remind Max to change his underwear. Daily. This is after I've made sure he's actually wearing underwear.

The State of Our Family said...

It still really throws me to picture you talking to a teenager...and it being YOUR KID!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails