Friday, June 19, 2009

Road Trip

In just seven days from now we will be embarking on a very new type of adventure!

We'll travel through four states: Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming and likely drive over 2500 miles...

We'll be spending 14 nights on the road and only one of them will be in a hotel (and that's a maybe)...

We'll sleep on spare beds, air mattresses and RV pull-outs...

We'll very likely not have any privacy for 14 days either, except trips to the potty...

We'll play with 2 sets of grandparents, one great grandma, two great aunts/uncles and countless other aunts, uncles and cousins...

Including second cousins, third cousins, second cousins twice removed and all that...

We'll visit 6 temples... Rexburg, Timpanogos, Provo, Oquirrh Mountain, Salt Lake and Manti. Four of these temples I've never been to! I will need no less than three sets of church clothes!

We'll do lots of hiking... including a trip to the top of Mt. Timpanogos (I hope bad weather doesn't cancel our plans!)

We'll take our kids to Ricks College (now known as BYU-I) and reminisce about the good ol' days when Walmart was still under construction and all we had for shopping was Broulim's and Maverick...

We'll marvel at the beauty of Old Faithful and other wonderful sights at Yellowstone National Park...

And we'll shop and eat... lots of eating I hope! I don't want to visit places like McD's or Applebee's... I want to eat at places we can't get anywhere else. My favorite places to eat when I lived in Orem were RD's Drive-In (which was gone last time we visited) and Sensuous Sandwich. We've also discovered The Mayan and Tucano's on more recent trips back to Utah. My kids love the Mayan, but the grown ups love Tucano's.... ah the Brazilian BBQ can't be beat!

Here's where you come in... please leave me with a comment telling me your favorite place to eat in the following areas: Rexburg/Idaho Falls, Salt Lake, Provo/Orem, Manti and Richfield.

Also, I'd love any shopping tips, too. We are hoping the Artco stationary outlet is still around in Rexburg and I vaguely remember someone telling me that Provo/Orem has a scrapbooking outlet that's pretty amazing... but I don't know the name of it, so if you know, please share the love!

5 comments:

Jones Family said...

I love Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta. 21st South and between 9th and 11th East on the North side of the street. It was walking distance from our house in our beloved Sugar House (aka Camelot). We loved it there. Enjoy your trip and break from your calling. I hope you can blog along the way. Feel free to swing on by. I know it is way out of the way, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Connie said...

I am so jealous- sounds like so much fun! I would say try The Blue Plate Diner in Sugar House, they have awesome breakfast! And please eat at Tucano's! I would take a whole trip up there just for that...

Anonymous said...

Being one set of the grandparents on this trip, we can't wait to share in the adventure!

Unknown said...

Okay, El Azteca in Provo is yummy for some fairly authentic Mexican food. We loved it!

Go to Keeping Memories Alive. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the city it is in, it is east of Provo, want to say it starts with an "S". Anyhow, check out their web site to see. There is likely many more large ones there nowadays but that was my favorite when we lived there.

Have fun!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

In Rexburg, there is a fantastic hot dog place called "The Backyard". Oooohhhh, how I loved it. Course, I was pregnant for 18 months of my time there, that may have had something to do with it. OH! And there is this hole-in-the-wall Mexican place on Main Street called Ramiere's where you can get one pound burritos for like $2.30. The Texano is THE BEST!

Have you guys heard of The Galley? Just kidding. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails