
Last night was a great night. Sort of...
Brayden fell asleep on the couch at 7 p.m. and let us carry him up to his bed at 7:30.
Ian was away at Cub Scout Day Camp (which should really be called Cub Scout Night Camp) because they are gone from 2 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Megan got a call to go babysit for the Bishop and his wife so they could run some last minute errands before company comes into town today.
Eric was away at Scout Roundtable.
Taylor and I were all alone watching old Bones episodes trying to clean out the DVR space a little.
Eric came home and the guys turned on Valkyrie around 9 p.m.
Within 15 minutes, I knew this wasn't my type of movie, so I decided to go upstairs to my room and watch the chick flick I'd Redboxed, Bride Wars, instead. I also rounded up all the supplies to give myself a much needed pedicure during the movie.
At 10:30, Ian came into my room to tell me he was home and say good-night.
By 11:00, I paused the movie and went downstairs to ask the guys if Megan ever came home.
"NO"... they both shouted.
Hmmm.... I knew the errands Tammy was running wouldn't keep her out this late.
So I sent Megan a text message, checking in.
No response.
At 11:15, movies are both over and we are wondering where Megan is.
I decide to call her phone.
No answer.
Then I wonder if she accidentally left her phone at home when she went to babysit.
I go into her room, and find her phone plugged in on top of her desk, charging.
Perplexed, and I'll admit it, I was a bit panicked at this point... I look around the dark room and see toes sticking out from the bottom of the bed.
HUH?
She was in bed... sound asleep.
What the heck?
I go back to our room to question my husband, who was in bed and trying to go to sleep.
"Megan's here... in bed... how did you miss her coming inside?"
"I don't know... I did fall asleep through part of the movie, but the door was locked, so Taylor would have had to have let her in, I guess."
I marched to Taylor's room and barge right in. He was doing push-ups and a little irked that I didn't knock first.
"When did Megan get home?" I asked, very annoyed.
"She's not home yet..." he stammered.
"Yes, she is. She's sound asleep in her bed."
Then that "OH", look came on in his face. You know, the look when it all comes flooding back.
"Oops... mom, I'm sorry. I remember now, she did come home. I just forgot that I opened the door and let her in."
I (playfully) smacked him over the head and walked out.
And then this morning, I lectured Megan about making sure she tells a parent when she comes home from a babysitting job late at night and not to trust Taylor to do it for her. Even if that means she has to wake one of us up.
And we awarded Taylor the Space Case of the Year Award.
Well deserved, don't you think?
8 comments:
hilarious, I love your blog. It's my favorite in my "friends" section. Hey, so bishop was replaced huh, Is the bishop now Tammy Jones husband or Tammy Wilson's???
by the way, I want you to do a post like you did on the Inkdeath books. I have a heard of them a couple times but know nothing. I read and loved Guernsey though after you posted about that. I trust your book taste. Right now I am booked on Harry 6, then 7 then Beedles and Bard, then free space, then New Moon again ha ha
Lol... that story made my day!
Christy, thank you for the letter in my comment box, I LOVED it! As far as book club goes, start emailing me (lexiehillatgmaildotcom)the invites and I'll see if I can come. Basically Shar works swing shift which leaves me hopeless for night time activities BUT I have my best cousin moving here in late June and we will be hanging out all the time so I could maybe go if she tagged along also, she's also a reader, anyway I am going out of town in a couple days for the rest of June and into July, but email me July's info and I'll see if I can swing it soon.
Ha! I have a girlfriend that this happend to the other day, exept, she was taking a nap upstairs in the afternoon, her husband fell asleep in the family room, the middle daughter was up in her room also taking a nap...(why they were all so tired I don't know) and her youngest, 9, txt. the oldest 19 who was out saying she needed help, come home, the oldest picked her up and took her to red robbins for lunch, never told anyone, the parents woke up and had no clue the 9 year old was even gone until they walked in the door 2 hours later!!
Big famlies...I think someone will always be lost..... :)
This sure reminds us of you guys and wondering when you got in safe. Somethings don't change!
That is funny! I understand your fright, and the well deserved swat on Taylor's head too....lol!
It really freaks me out that you have kids that old! I will have to return to your blog often when my kids are older to get advice! :)
Post a Comment