Many many years ago, my sister-in-law Molly told me a tale I will NEVER forget. (And since it was many, many years ago, the tale may be embellished a bit by me, but this is how I remember it going:)
One year their family went up to their cabin up in the mountains after the winter to open it up, air it out and prepare for summer. When they got there, they found that mice had invaded the cabin and nested in all the mattresses in the beds of the cabin.
I don't remember what they had to do to get rid of the mice... all I can picture is finding mice inside a mattress where you sleep. Everytime I think about it, it makes my skin crawl. Every time... without fail.
For at least a week now, I've been painfully aware that the guinea pig's cage needs a bedding change. After my problem with flies hatching in the bedding a couple months ago, I'm being more careful to make sure the bedding doesn't sit in the cage too long.
Again yesterday, doing that job was on my list. Again, it didn't get done.
Last night I had a dream.
I dreamed that I came downstairs this morning to find flies everywhere, but even worse, that baby field mice had invaded his cage and multiplied times a couple hundred times over night. Of course, not possible in reality, but it was a dream remember? So, I'm walking down the stairs and I almost step on a mice that's scurring on my staircase. And then I find hundreds of tiny mice running around my house...
If you get scared badly enough in a dream, can it kill you in real life? Because that dream about pushed me to my limits.
Thank heavens it was just a dream.
Needless to say, changing the guinea pig's bedding was first on my agenda today.
Maybe tonight I will dream about all the garbage/toys/clutter under my couches coming to life and taking my children hostage...
Naw... but I better clean that up tonight before I go to bed... don't want to risk it.
2 comments:
Awesome!
YIKES!!! I admit, I only skimmed this one...I was afraid if I read every word I might have a similar dream! :)
Post a Comment