Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birthday Bash



Since poor Brayden hasn't had a decent birthday party in his whole life, I felt like I needed to make up for it this year with something big...

And then this friend of mine (who's blog is private now, so I can't link you to her) had her son's party at our local "train" park...

And our two boys are both NUTS over Thomas and trains in general...

So, I decided I had to copy her party idea! Although I was a bit nervous about it, given that the last week of May usually boasts 100+ temperatures, but we brought lots of shade and the park had a splash pad, so we all survived!

We played in the water...
We rode the train...


We had cake and ice cream...

We opened presents...

We passed out goodie bags...

And in the end, the best part of the day for Brayden was finally getting a ring pop which he stole from somebody's goodie bag.
All in all, a very successful day and great birthday for Brayden.
Now I just have to help him understand that his next birthday isn't for another 11.75 months. That's going to be the tough one!

6 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I love that train park! It's fantasitc!

Anonymous said...

those poor baby of the family! Munchman was treated the same way, so I don't mind going overboard (no pun) now b/c he didn't have a party until he was 6 anyway LOL

Anonymous said...

and my word on the above post, ( the word verification) was

DESIM

dis em... LOL

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

That looks like so much fun! Isn't it sad that the babies of the family always get the boring birhtdays? We are the same way here. Im glad you went all out for him, it looks like he had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the little guy!

Neil and Roxy said...

I am glad Brayden had a wonderful Birthday:) I am so happy that I get to be his primary teacher this kid is a hoot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails