
Poor picture, but this is the complex that Eric and I lived in after we got married. We had half the football team in the next building and one time when our car got stuck on the ice in the driveway, they came out and lifted our car up and pushed it up the hill into the parking spot. They were awesome!

Greenbriar is still there! This is the builing Eric lived in during his single days.
Dorm 4: my former residence, on campus. I loved living here. It's now named the Edna I. Ricks hall. I guess the numbers got to boring once Ricks became BYU-I.

The four kids sitting on a grassy hill that used to be a street in between the Manwaring Center and the newer John Taylor building (shown in the background.) This was the street that I skidded through a stop sign in the wee hours of the morning when there was too much ice on the road. Icy roads and winter conditions are the basis for most of our fun stories we tell our kids. No matter how much they plowed the roads, they would always ice over at night.
Decsendants of John Taylor, UNITE!

Taylor with the portrait of his name sake. Can you see any kind of resemblance? Come On... he's only Taylor's great-great-great-great grandpa.

Dorm 4: my former residence, on campus. I loved living here. It's now named the Edna I. Ricks hall. I guess the numbers got to boring once Ricks became BYU-I.
The four kids sitting on a grassy hill that used to be a street in between the Manwaring Center and the newer John Taylor building (shown in the background.) This was the street that I skidded through a stop sign in the wee hours of the morning when there was too much ice on the road. Icy roads and winter conditions are the basis for most of our fun stories we tell our kids. No matter how much they plowed the roads, they would always ice over at night.
Decsendants of John Taylor, UNITE!
Taylor with the portrait of his name sake. Can you see any kind of resemblance? Come On... he's only Taylor's great-great-great-great grandpa.

The highlight of the day for me was the Bookstore. When I heard that Ricks College was being "upgraded" to University Status, I went online trying to find some fun memorabilia to purchase before it was too late to get anything with the Ricks College logo on it. I was entirely unsuccessful and completely bummed that all Ricks College stuff seemed to disappear. When we went into the bookstore, they had a small corner that was dedicated to "Ricks College Memorabilia". They didn't have much, but I did get a t-shirt and a license plate frame that says Ricks College Alumni. They also sold the infamous yellow Ricks shirt that Napoleon Dynamite sports on the big screen. I tried to get Taylor to buy one, but he chickened out. If you can't drive the distance to visit the store, but want some Ricks College stuff, visit the online bookstore by clicking here.
5 comments:
YAY! That's so good to know! I am also Rick's College alumni :)
'97-'98. I can't believe it's been that long. It was one of the funnest years of my life! I'm glad I can still get memorablia - thanks for the link!
PS - I see you read the Goose Girl- my mom just read it and wants our book club to read it, she says it is sooo good!
SOOOO?!?! Did you get yourself a texano? Or a seriously delicious hot dog?!?!
were we there at the same time? I went from 89-91
great pix. that place look amazing /w the temple. and I have stories about Alpine Village! LOL
I remember my parents getting all nostalgic when visiting BYU. Now I AM one of those people. It's so fun to visit the past and think about all the fun memories. I've never been to Ricks. It looks cool!
Post a Comment