Sunday morning, we woke up to find this "gift" in our front yard.

We've never been TP'd in this house, and given the amount of thorny bushes in AZ landscapes, I always thought I'd be really angry if this ever happened to me. But, in the LDS culture, being TP'd is a sign of affection or admiration. Growing up, all the popular kids houses got TP'd on a regular basis. Mine did not. I don't know if it has to do with where I sat on the popularity scale OR if it was more influenced by the fact that my dad was a well known city Police Officer. But, I can tell you, I TP'd a lot of houses in my day. It was fun, and a way to feel rebellious without really doing anything wrong. (Again, LDS teens justify this practice because everyone in the church knows it's a "good thing" to get TP'd....)

The Priests Quorum in our ward is darn lucky we had just taken the other tree out. This tree was easy to clean up. What we couldn't pull down by hand, a nice wind blew out within the next day or so.

2 comments:
KARMA!
Boy does this bring back memories! Debbie M.'s house had the best tree oin her front yard in the ward and we loved to nail it. Whoever did this really did a good job. Just be glad it didn't rain. Isn't it fun to be loved?
Post a Comment