Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Cheer

The first year we lived here, we didn't put lights up on the house. We had lights, but not enough of them, and Eric didn't have time to do the job. He was working full time and going to school almost full time and the lights just weren't a priority.

I thought I would be okay with it. But I really wasn't. I put lights up in every front facing window I could get to, except our shower. I figured that might be crossing the line, and I didn't know how I'd plug them in. There are still a few windows with scotch tape residue on the glass from my exploits way back in 2005. But, despite my efforts, it just wasn't the same.Eric said he would get the lights up today, but work got in the way. I decided to take matters into my own hands and bribe our very capable 15 year old with some cold hard cash if he helped me get the job done.Turns out that Taylor is very afraid of heights. He really had a hard time being up on the roof to get the lights under the eaves, but he did it. (Yeah, only because he knew I would pay him!)He must get that fear from me. There is no way you'd get me to do what I got him to do today!Someday, Santa's elves will fly into the neighborhood and put lights on the upper story as well, but for now, I am very grateful for what I've got. It truly makes me happy to look at.
Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Julie and Mike Wood said...

beautiful! He did awesome!

Anonymous said...

And you got your fear of heights from me. Good job Taylor! Looks great.

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful! I love Christmas lights. Well worth the cash you had to put out!

Janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails