Sunday, March 7, 2010

Book List for 2009


I want to delete my 2009 book list from my sidebar, so I thought I would copy it into a post so it would be forever saved in my archives. Now I can post my book list for 2010 on the sidebar!


I also wanted to give some "awards" for my favorites:


Best YA work - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (also the sequel, Catching Fire). Megan, Taylor and I will all be fighting over the 3rd book when it is released in September of 2010.


Best Non-Fiction - Stop Whining, Start Living by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. This book really spoke to me on a personal level. I loved it.


Best Fiction - it's a tie between The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. The Lost Symbol is Dan Brown's best work since Angels and Demons. Guernsey is a fictional story that's based on historical records of a time in England's channel islands during post WW2. The entire book is written as an exchange of letters between various characters, and even though it might sound hard to follow, it's exceptionally well done.


Best Audio Production - The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. This story is told from two viewpoints, a young woman and an elderly woman, and so two ladies do the audio, which enriches the story telling immensely.


Here's the list of what I read in 2009:

Shiver - Maggie Stiefvater
Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane - Suzanne Collins
Skipping Christmas - John Grisham
The Heretic's Daughter - Kathleen Kent
The Shack - William Young
This Book is Not Good for You - Pyeudonymous Bosch
The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
Savvy - Ingrid Law
Gregor the Underlander - Suzanne Collins
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson, book 2) - Rick Riordan
Stop Whining, Start Living - Dr. Laura Schlessinger
If You're Reading This, It's Too Late - Pseudonymous Bosch
Fablehaven: The Rise of the Evening Star (book 2) - Brandon Mull
The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
The Name of This Book is Secret - Pseudonymous Bosch
Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
Man's Search For Meaning - Viktor Frankl
Simple Genius - David Baldacci
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
The Glorious Cause - Jeff Shaara
Brisingr - Christopher Paolini
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
The Six Sacred Stones by Matthew Reilly
Rise to Rebellion by Jeff Shaara
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Austenland by Shannon Hale
Jinx by Meg Cabot
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck

3 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I think I'm going to just buy the Hunger games series, I have heard NO bad review. How was the Shack??? And do you like the Eragon series and Inkdeath?? I've heard a lot about them but haven't read them. Loved Potato peel Pie and I've read Man's search for meaning, it's interesting.

Can't wait to see your 2010 list!

Craig said...

I am impressed with the number of books you have read. I need to read more, but that would mean cutting back on TV. Hmmmmm. I really enjoyed the Lost Symbol, too. Good choice for best fiction.

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Good for you! I'm with you on the Guernsey Literary.. book, I LOVED it! I'm curious about the Pseudonymous Bosch books-- what are those about? My mom is sending me Hunger Games, hopefully it gets here soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails