Thursday, March 25, 2010

Puppy Love

Meet Charlie. He is my parents new Cockapoo puppy. Are you in love yet? My mom has been puppy hungry for years. She finally talked my dad into one, and then the research began... what breed? There were very specific parameters... must be small, kid friendly, and not shed. I think that narrows the pool down to less than 5 breeds, but they found this breeder close to our home out in Queen Creek, AZ.
They came down a month ago to pick Charlie out and put their deposit down for him.
But last Friday was pick up day... aka Christmas day for my mom. She was on Cloud Nine the entire time!

Even my dad, who fought the puppy battle for so long was won over very quickly by these cuties!

This is one proud mama! They picked Charlie up last Friday and brought him back to our house for just one day before they were going to hit the road to go home again. We all enjoyed every minute of playing and cuddling with him. And I enjoyed every chance to get some mileage out of my camera!




This one is my fave... you'd think he was a professional dog model.
This one is my second favorite.
And this one is my third favorite... I'm bummed because I had the camera on the wrong settings when I snapped it and so it's a bit blurry. Our children were all so smitten with Charlie that they've collaborated and have started a "cockapoo puppy fund". They are fully committed to saving their hard earned cash for a puppy, which I am totally okay with because they are notorious for wasting their money on things like video games and arcade pizza places. And it will take them at least a year to save this kind of cash, which will give me a much needed break from dog ownership. By the time they have the money saved, I should be good and puppy hungry myself. And the best news? I won't have to travel very far to find a good breeder... already got that part in the bag!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By my calculations, after we visit in June for a week, the motiviation to save money might be bumped up and you might not make it a year before buying that puppy. Good luck!

Sheri said...

He's so cute! Alexander and I want a dog so bad. Unfortunately, Ian does NOT want to dog :(

The State of Our Family said...

Is there anything cuter than puppies? I mean, REALLY! They are just out of control cute...though this one seems off the charts cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails