Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm on a Diet

I've been drinking Diet Coke for years... it all started just a few months before I went to Maui for the first time and I had about 15 pounds to lose. I've been a goner every since then, several years ago.

For a long time, I've maintained that I drink it in moderation... and I keep myself to one 12 oz. can a day... but it's not true.  Lately I've been living off 2-3 cans a day and anytime I can get my hands on a fountain drink, you know that's what I am going to get... because NOTHING beats Diet Coke from the fountain.  Nothing.

Although I have a couple friends who have recently given it up altogether, I'm not ready to make such a plunge.  So, I've decided to put myself back on the one-can-a-day-diet, and I have survived eight days so far.  I knew I'd been successful enough to blog about it when I took my kids to the movies, (after I'd already had my one can for the day) and I ordered a caffeine-free diet coke to drink during the movie.  That was a major accomplishment... because a trip to the movies isn't complete without a tub of buttery popcorn and a diet coke.

I am hoping that within another week, I will be headache free, and until then I will keep myself doped up on extra strength Tylenol.  Even though the caffeine deprivation headaches have been a downer, the good part of all this is that I've slept wonderfully during the last week.  And that's without any help... and those of you who know me well, know what a bad sleeper I am.   So here's to conquering bad habits... if I can do it, so can you!

5 comments:

Shumway Family said...

Good for you! It's hard, I know! You have made an accomplishment with the movie popcorn and soda!

Elise said...

Good for you!!! You are much stronger than I am. I regularly live off of 3 cans a day if not more. Completely addicted. Someday maybe I will give it up but until then I will be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I use to drink so much diet Coke it was scary. It's been six months now and no carbonation or diet coke. It's been tough and the cravings can be tough but hang in there. You will feel so much better cutting back. You might even get where Eric is and be off it completely!

The State of Our Family said...

I've heard of several mission presidents and doctors who recommend one diet coke a day to counteract all the crap you ingest in developing countries (such as Fiji).

The State of Our Family said...

I've heard Phoenix is kind of developing....;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails