Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dawn in the Desert


Now that I'm getting up at 6 a.m. each morning, I really have no excuse not to get some great early morning shots.  I took all these photos from the comfort of my car while wearing my PJ's... maybe next week, I'll get dressed, wear real shoes, and actually get out of the car for a minute to get some better stuff.

This was the last picture I took, and it was my favorite.  I really love the silhouette of the palm tree in front of the sky.  But the colors in the photo weren't as vibrant as they were in real life, so I decided to give Photoshop a whirl and see what it could do.  This is the original.

Photoshop step #1:  crop.  Done... much better... now you can't see the bank in the parking lot.

Photoshop step #2:  tweak the colors... blue is more blue, yellow is more yellow.  Love it!

Things I want to learn how to do?  Get rid of pesky things in my photos like stop signs and power lines.  I know it can be done... but that's a couple hundred pages into my "how to" book, and I'm only on page 33. 

On a side note... it took me FOREVER to get these photos from my camera into my blog.  First, photoshop isn't "auto downloading" anything, so I had to do the process manually.  Second, Blogger won't upload any new photos from my hard drive unless I upload them to picassa first.  Am I the only one who is having this problem?  Am I the only one who doesn't upload all their photos into picassa?  I'm finding the new format in the blog window a bit difficult to work with.  Is it just me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! Good work. Don't know about the down loading as we have a MAC and don't know if it's different.
Just a note to remember. Jamies are great until something happens to the car and you have to walk. Make sure you can be seen in public in them!
He He He!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails