Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Spy

Well, for now, my fight with Windows has been resolved.   Photoshop Elements (also known as PSE) is working again, and I am happy.  But, I told Eric in no uncertain terms that my next computer will be a Mac.  I have wanted a Mac for years, and every time we are computer shopping, our frugal side wins out and we never end up buying a Mac.  I don't care how long I have to wait, my next computer will be a Mac. 

I slept in workout sweats last night so I could do any early morning photo shoot after I dropped off Taylor at school today.  I will have to be up way earlier if I want to attempt any more photos of Sunrise... missed that boat over Spring Break.  I don't care... sleeping in for two weeks was worth the cost.  I wanted to get some photos of the rustic trains at our local Railway Museum, but wouldn't you know it, at 6:30 a.m. the gates were locked.  How rude!  So I headed over to my trusty standby location, a very large park close to our house.  There's tennis courts, a huge play area, cool rocks and plenty of places to take pictures.

I only had a few minutes before I had to be home to get kids ready for school, but I took some pictures of this fence. And then I came home and really gave PSE a good trial run.   See if you can spot the changes I made from the first picture to the second:


Fence Photo #2 from a different angle:  what did I change here?  I will give you a hint - there are two changes.  One of them I am super pleased with.  The other one, I will need to practice, or try a different tool/technique.  It didn't really come out the way I wanted it, but again, I was pressed for time this morning.



We are having one of the best Springs ever in Phoenix this year.  It's been cool and rainy.  Accordingly, allergies are horrific, but I think the blessings of good weather are worth the cost.   It was so cool this morning, I was regretting flip flops and short sleeves.  Next time I bring the camera for an early morning photo shoot, I will definitely have tennis shoes on, and bring a sweater in the car, just in case. 

1 comment:

Sheri said...

You're becoming quiet the photographer!

My next computer will be a Mac too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails