Friday, April 9, 2010

The Things I Said I Would NEVER Do...


When Taylor was about this age, (just turning 5), he had a couple good friends that had older siblings.  I saw how different his friends were because of the influence of much older children in the home.  I swore I would never let that happen in my home. 

Ten years later I am eating my words.  My almost 5 year old is way to socially "knowledgeable" for his age! 

Case in point... Brayden's favorite song is "A New Divide" by Linkin Park.  When that songs comes on the radio he sings along at the top of his lungs.

This morning, I started the car to head to the gym, and  his song  was half way through it's course. 

"Turn it up!!!" he yelled.  Then he began to sing the chorus along with Linkin Park:  "Give me reason, to prove me wrong, to wash this memory clean..."

Except, Brayden was singing it a bit differently:

"Give me reason... to move this song... to wash my family clean...."

I guess Brayden's version is pretty good too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we were at the baseball game and they played the Black Eye Peas song, he told us it was his favorite song. He will keep you entertained for a long time to come!

Anonymous said...

isn't that odd how that comes about, the younger kids knowing what the older kids do? love his version of the song :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails