We did presents first thing in the morning today and I will not make the mistake of making another cake. We didn't even eat half of the cake I made last week. Tonight it will be brownies. I'm off to take Brayden to Burger King for a lunch date, and then we'll hit Red Brick Pizza for dinner.
Brayden turning five feels like such a big milestone for me. No more diapers... no more naps... no more preschool and we recently gave up sippy cups! (The jury is still out on whether or not this was a good idea...)
Things I want to remember about Brayden at this age:
He loves eggo waffles and hot dogs.
He hates bread and most crackers. Even the smell of them gross him out.
He loves stuffed animals. He goes to bed with about 20 of them on his bed every night.
He hates taking showers or getting his hair cut. He would let his hair grow out to his shoulders if he could.
He loves Phineas and Ferb, Thomas, Star Wars and Lego anything.
He hates doing chores or any kind of clean up job.
Brayden makes us laugh every day. He says the funniest things. And if what he is saying isn't really funny, it becomes funny because of the way he says it.
This morning, he climbed into my bed, and I asked him about turning 5.
"How does it feel?"
"It doesn't feel any different. I don't think I am five today."
"Yes you are... it's your birthday! Now you are five years old!"
"Well it still doesn't feel any different from yesterday!"
We love you Brayden! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment