Saturday, May 29, 2010

Maui, Day One

As I blogged about before we crossed the Pacific, we missed our connecting flight to Maui on the first day of our vacation.  We spent it in Burlingame, CA, instead.  Which, I guess, it could have been worse.  Our hotel was right on the Bay and we walked a mile to have dinner at this El Torito restaurant, which had great water views too... not quite the view we were hoping for though... 

When we finally made it to our hotel, I collapsed on the bed and begged Eric to find me a Diet Coke.  It was after 3 p.m. and I'd not had any soda all day.  It was quite the adventure for him to get one, but he succeeding in finding a vending machine and bringing back two of these.  He'd been off soda for a few months, but he couldn't resist drinking one too.  It had just been one of those days for both of us!

California poppies are plentiful in this area, and I always miss them when I'm not at "home".  (Meaning in the Bay Area....)

Stay tuned for the adventures of Day Two...
it involves a 5 a.m. wake up call, more Airline trouble, and lots of Diet Coke!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

My mom and day love El Torito.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails