On Tuesday morning, we decided to find some Tide Pools that another resident at One Napili Way told us about. None of us had ever been there before, which is remarkable, because my parents have pretty much seen everything there is to do on this island in all the trips they've made! I can't give you the exact info on how to find this place but the neighbor got it out of the "Maui Revealed" guide book, and the name of the tide pools started with an "O". They are north of Kapalua around the area where the highway number changes. That's all I can give you on the location. On our way to the tide pools, we stopped to look at Honolua Bay... it's absolutely gorgeous! This bay is known to have some of the best snorkeling and surfing on the whole island. Crazy, huh?
Here's the boat that the guys went out to Molokini on. Apparently, the Trilogy V makes the rounds all over the island!
This is the jungle forest you have to walk through to get to Honolua. We never made it here for snorkeling, but I think we will make it a priority on our next visit.
We made it to the tide pools... and even though we had to climb down probably 500+ feet over rocky terrain, it was NOT a hike! (Inside Joke...) We were there just after low tide... I think during High tide the rock I am standing on will be under water.
We swam with these guys. I am slowly getting over my aversion to swimming with fish. I'm finding that if they are "cute" fish, it helps me not be freaked out. I know... I'm prejudiced and stuck-up. Ugly fish have feelings too.
Look how calm the water is in the pool with the sea raging just over the rocks. We could have sat there all day and watched the waves crash over the rocks. It was cool.
This is the view of the pools from the top of the hill near the road. Again, I repeat, it was NOT a hike! ;-)
Tuesday night was Luau night for us. We splurged and went to the Old Lahaina Luau. My dad got us front row seats. It was fantastic food and a wonderful show!
2 comments:
I love the forest picture, and the pools look awesome. This day seven looked like a real adventure!
"Ugly fish have feelings too." LOL...a LOT!
Post a Comment