Sunday, June 6, 2010

Maui: Day Six

On Monday, we were beach bums... and it was great!




We didn't spot any turtles in the usual places... just some fish.  I did see an eel, (it looked like a diamondback rattler), but by the time I got Eric's attention to come look at it, it was gone. 



We are so accustomed to always being able to find turtles in Napili Bay, that if we don't find them, we know where else to look.  Just south of the bay is another smaller cove called Honokeana Cove.   (Hono means turtle.)Eric and I stayed behind while Adam, Mom and Dad ventured over to the cove.  It's quite a walk over lava rocks and you really need to have water shoes to swim over there because there isn't a "safe" entrance.  (Mom can testify to that as she was stung by a sea urchin getting in the water...)  But, the water was clearer than normal and the turtles did not disappoint!




2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! Looks like a National Geographic picture! I've been snorkeling in Napili Bay 3 times and never seen any turtles. :(

The State of Our Family said...

LOVE all your pictures, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the palm trees and sky one! BEAUTIFUL! You've given me inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails