On the third day, the men and my mom got up before the sun to go on a Molokini Snorkel/Scuba trip. Delia and I stayed behind. I wasn't sure if I was going to be upset that I'd stayed behind, but given the ordeal we went through getting there, I was so glad I could sleep in and just spend some down time laying around reading a novel.

Adam is scuba certified, so he's been dying to scuba dive in Maui. This is the place to do it. They gave him my underwater camera and let him go crazy with it... and he did! 
Everyone enjoyed themselves - the food was fantastic, the staff were wonderful and the snorkeling/scuba was great. Only the men's bathroom left a lot to be desired... but that's a story for another day. On the way back, it was so windy, they cut the engine on the catamaran and put up the sails to head back to the harbor.
They came back to the condo, tired and windburned, and so it was "nap time" for everyone, which was great by me... more down time to "veg" out a little! After everyone had napped and showered, we headed for Lahaina to eat dinner at Cheeseburgers in Paradise. We also showed Adam and Delia around our favorite Maui town.
This is the infamous banyan tree that is on Front Street in Lahaina. It is so huge it takes up a whole city block. This picture only shows a small portion of the tree. And this part isn't small by any means. It's truly a sight worth seeing.
3 comments:
You have to let me know what kind of underwater camera Adam was using...those pics are incredible! I'm glad things finally turned around for you and you had a great time!
Great blog. Adam's underwater pictures, especially the turtle head are incredible. It was a fun trip!
Mandi, We bought a special underwater case for my canon point and shoot camera, which is way more expensive than buying a disposable underwater camera, but we use ours a lot, so it's been a good investment.
Post a Comment