Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane


This is my Grandma, Bea. (I credit her for giving me the stubborn and independent streak, in a good way.  She is one tough cookie.)  I also love her to pieces.   Growing up just 45 minutes away from Grandma's house meant most holidays were spent there celebrating with my other cousins.  I have the fondest memories of Easter Sunday BBQ's and Christmas Eve's at her house.  Those were the days... my Grandma knows how to host a holiday, that's for sure.

This last visit had me feeling nostalgic about the growing up years visiting her at her home.  So, I walked around and took some pictures of things that haven't changed in her house in the last 30 years.  This clock has been over her TV as long as I can remember.  I don't know where it came from, but I've never seen another one like it,  and I can't imagine her house without it.

This key sticker went up on the back sliding glass door after one of my uncles ran into it and hurt himself pretty badly.  It was a running family joke for years.

Just a sampling of the gorgeous flowers she keeps growing in pots on her patio.  I wish I had inherited her green thumb.  I didn't get that gene.

This has also been in her yard forever, yet I don't even know what it's called. 

The back patio, where many BBQ's and Easter Egg Hunts have been hosted over the years.  It will be a sad and emotional day when this house is no longer in our family.  Everytime I visit, I remember how many wonderful childhood memories I have of this place. 


When we got back to Vacaville, we watched the World Cup game, which Spain won!  Yay!   And then the boys took Charlie outside to learn how to play soccer.  Charlie loved chasing around the giant ball.




Megan and grandma also started working on a Lego house.  Those girls love building their Lego houses.  The boys build armies, but not the girls...  it cracks me up how much my mom loves to build Legos with her grandkids.



The finished product... three stories of Lego architecture... James May would be proud, guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Christy. I, too, have so many memories of Mom's house and her holidays. Why don't you print this out and mail it to her? She would love it, especially since she doesn't have a computer.
Sweet job done!
And yes I love to build legos. I even do it when no one is here but me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails