Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time Well Spent

Since the pool is out of commission this year, the kids made sure to take full advantage of the hot tub facilities at grandma's house... and grandma took full advantage of their willingness to take Charlie in the hot tub and give him some swimming practice.



Later in the day we went to the other grandma's house... and the boys found two sets of boxing gloves that are as old as Eric.  Taylor set up a boxing clinic for the younger boys out on grandma's trampoline.


Look at how cute Brayden and Dallyn are... thank goodness they weren't trying very hard to hurt each other.


Things got more serious once the shirts came off...


My boys wanted to take the boxing gloves home so badly.  And Mom, being the awesome grandma that she is, said "okay".  But I said "NO WAY!"  I want them to have something fun to look forward to doing when they go to grandma's house to visit, and if it's boxing on the tramp, then so be it. 

Put together boxing gloves and a trampoline and you are bound for some great action shots.  Many thanks to Megan who was the photographer for the afternoon.  She did a great job!

Meanwhile, Mom and I were inside taking down every picture in her house and re-arranging them on the walls.  It was a fun project to do, and I'm so glad I could help her do it.  I think she was worried that this wasn't how I wanted to spend my vacation, but it was the exact type of stuff I wanted to do.  And to prove my point, the day before I spent the day helping my mom assemble an Ikea dresser.  I am just kicking myself that we didn't take any before/after shots of Mom's walls.  The transformation was awesome!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails