Friday, August 6, 2010

BBQ in Benicia


I have almost as many fond memories of my aunt's house in Benicia as I do of my grandma's house in Concord.   So many get-togethers and sleepovers with our cousins.  Good times!  Now it's time for my kids to play with my cousins' kids in that same back yard!


When your back yard has two levels, it's automatically easy for boys to find a way to entertain themselves with some game or another.


And Uncle Stan has plenty of entertainment for the older generation of kids too.  Taylor was in heaven getting to go for a ride in the Cobra.

Goofy uncles... some things NEVER change.

Boys... check out how tall Jakob is... he's only 11!  Unfortunately, we didn't get this picture before Jayden had been put to bed, so we'll have to photoshop him into it later! 

Jakob gets the tall genes from his mom and dad... in this picture of Heidi and I, I am standing on my tip toes and she's still a bunch taller than me!

I'm so glad someone had the sense to make sure we got this picture.  Four generations of girls:  Grandma Bea, her two daughters Carol and Karen, then me and Heidi, and our daughters, Megan and Cami.
 It was wonderful to spend some time together with Heidi, Rob and their kids... even if it was just for a couple hours.  And I'm glad we got to squeeze in another afternoon with my grandma, even if we did wear her out!  I think she'd say it's well worth it!

This was our summer vacation grand finale... and I'm glad we were able to squeeze a visit in before having to get ready for the back-to-school rush.  I've learned that living far away from the family makes time visiting so much more precious and meaningful.  No one has a perfect family, but I am truly grateful for the families that Eric and I have been blessed with.  We love you all!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Our last summer hurrah before school starts was a vacation in Vacaville too. And just one more thing we have in common...my grandma lived in Concord too! She died in April but she had lived there for over 50 years!

Anonymous said...

GREAT four generation picture!
~Janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails