A few weeks ago I got out the fall decor. Probably my earliest decorating year ever. I've been craving fall this year more than usual. Summer is so over-rated.
How I love fall. It's my favorite season. We don't get much of it here in the desert. Fall comes, but it has very subtle nuances, which have taken me years to recognize and appreciate. But I still miss a more traditional fall.
I think that General Conference weekend is my official fall kick-off. Two days of sitting around the house, listening to wise men and women bear testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and eating, eating, eating. Food is a big part of Conference for me. Over the summer when I was at my sickest with the lactose intolerance issue, I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. (It wasn't a pleasant way to lose 5 pounds, and I wouldn't choose to do it that way again, but once it was gone and I felt good again, I was happy about it!) I think I gained back that 5 pounds over Conference weekend.
October is a big baking month for me. I crave baked goods in October more than any other month I think! I've already baked some of my favorites in the last few weeks - Chocolate Caramel Nut Bars, Berry Cobbler, Snickerdoodles, Halloween shaped sugar cookies, Cocoa Rice Krispy Treats... and the candy I've already consumed is ghastly.
Eric and I were at Sam's together the other day and he asked me if we needed to pick up our Halloween Candy. Oh no... I've learned the hard way, if it's in the house, I will eat it. I have no will power once it's inside the house. I can resist buying it, but once I've bought it, I can't resist eating it. So, I will go out at the very last second to purchase Halloween candy, in the hopes that I will be able to resist opening the bag until that night and can send it all home with other people's kids!
And if I show up at your door step with baked goods in the next few weeks, hopefully you'll forgive me for having more than one motive for bringing you my excess treats! ;-)
1 comment:
I'm the same way about the candy. I have to buy it the day before.
Post a Comment