Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Adventure

 Since moving to the desert, it's been hard to find a good way to have a fun pumpkin patch experience.  The first summer we were here, I found a local pumpkin patch, and we melted through the whole experience.  It was hot, dusty, and miserable... and did I say HOT?

Since then, I haven't even attempted the pumpkin patch here.  But, being the fall lover that I am, I was ready to give it another go this fall.  I got on the Internet and searched far and wide, looking for a promising place that would be cool enough to be comfortable and fun.  I almost drove 130 miles up to the mountains to get the ideal pumpkin patch experience, but then I found this place nearby, and decided to give it a try.

 The pedal carts were indeed the highlight of the experience.  Every time I turned around, Taylor was back in the track, doing more laps and power slides.  Seriously, he had such a good time! 
 Brayden got to ride the barrel train, which he LOVED, and while he was on his train adventure, the big kids were riding the pedal carts.   And while the big kids couldn't get enough of the pedal carts, Brayden couldn't get enough of this bounce house.  Every time I turned around, he was back in here jumping.

They got to learn how to milk a cow...

Ring the bell...

and conk the crows.

In addition to all the cool games, they had a pretty extensive collection of animals to pet.  I had uploaded some animal photos, but they have mysteriously disappeared, and I am too lazy to hunt them down and put them back into this post.  But it was fun to watch the kids around a real cow and real pigs. 

The main reason I picked this place is because their pumpkin patch is open until 9 p.m.  They encourage you to come try their 10 acre corn maze in the dark with flashlights!  It ended up being a really fun evening and because we didn't get to the patch until after 5 p.m., we didn't melt in the noon day sun.  All in all, it was a great way to spend an evening!
 Megan and Ian LOVED solving the mystery in the corn maze.  We we definitely be making this one an annual tradition!

4 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Okay I need the details of this place. Where, when, ect. EMAIL ME!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Is this the pumpkin patch on Power? Looks familiar, Meg loved it too!

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

That sounds like so much fun! We have a huge place not far from us, but it is crazy busy, parking is $10 and all the fun stuff to do is outragously priced :( I can't belive how busy it always is!
We have a cute fruit stand less then 5 min. away that does a really cute pumpkin patch so we stick with that...Im glad you found somewhere fun to go!

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures. They had a great time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails