I have never been a huge football fan. But when our High School Football team gets to play for a state championship title, it’s a big deal. It’s made even more awesome that the University of Phoenix stadium hosts the game! For just $22, the three boys and I got tickets to see the football game in the Arizona Cardinal’s stadium in Glendale. We got seats on row 15… which during a NFL game probably cost hundreds of dollars. We could have gotten closer seats, but I let Taylor pick where he wanted to sit. (Good thing we weren’t in Minnesota!)
During half-time our state championship winning marching band preformed too. We essentially had home field advantage, and so our school got tons of shout outs, including some time on ESPN!
The second half of the game was pretty intense. We thought we would walk away with this title with very little effort, but the other team came ready to steal that championship away from us! The last two minutes were quite the nail-biting ordeal, but we prevailed!
After Ian played flag football this year, he keeps asking me when he can try tackle. “Never!” is what I want to say, but I’m trying to be diplomatic. But after watching the exposure these guys get, I can see why he wants to do it. Let’s just hope I never have to worry about it later on.
1 comment:
I love football, and a HS state championship game is about as good as it gets! Congrats to your team!
Post a Comment