Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More Recipes (with photos!)

 

 

Peppermint BarkDSC_0139_edited_1

2 c. semi sweet choc chips

2 c. white choc chips

8 candy canes, crushed

1/4 t. peppermint extract

Melt semi sweet choc in a glass bowl in microwave.  Heat for 1 minute, then stir, then heat for 30 seconds.  Stir again.  If there are still lumps, repeat heating and stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.  Add peppermint extract and spread onto a foil lined cookie sheet.  Put cookie sheet in fridge (not freezer) for 5 minutes only.  You don’t want it to completely set or the layers will separate later.

Melt white chocolate using same technique.  Spread white chocolate over semi-sweet, spreading carefully to avoid “swirling” the two layers together.  Add crushed candy canes to top of white chocolate layer and freeze.  20 minutes later, pull from freezer, remove the foil and break pieces apart from the foil side, removing foil as you work. 

 

 

Easy Cheese Enchiladas

DSC_0149_edited_1

12 corn tortillas

2 c. shredded cheese

1 small can enchilada sauce

garlic powder, onion powder

In a 9x9 baking dish, pour a small amount of sauce to coat the bottom of the pan.  Then pour a fair amount of sauce into a pie dish.  Microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds to soften them up and then dip them into the pie plate sauce.  On a paper plate, load a small amount of cheese, a shake of onion, and garlic into each tortilla.  Wrap them up and put them in the baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce and cheese over the top.  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

First of all I love your Arizona Six Pack Picture! I used to love going to see the Christmas lights at the Oakland Temple. Second of all, I can't believe how easy that enchilada recipe is! Last night I made a recipe for White Chicken Enchiladas that I found on the Pioneer Woman's blog. From start to finish it took almost 2 hours. They were good but they weren't it took me two whole hours to cook good. I'm going to try your recipe with some chicken. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails