Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Recipes

 

Do you ever feel like cooking a normal meal in December is impossible?  I find that when we are running from Christmas party to band concert to football games that I can’t pull together even a basic meal.

 

I wanted to share with you an awesome recipe I discovered online:

 

Root Beer Pork

2 lb. pork loin roast

1 can root beer

1/2 c. BBQ sauce

Put the pork into the crockpot, pour the can of root beer over the top and  cook on low 8-12 hours.  Shred pork, pour BBQ sauce into crockpot and stir to coat.  Serve over rice or on hoagie rolls.

 

And just because I’m feeling super generous, I’m going to share with you my best party recipe.  Whenever I need to bring an appetizer to share, this is usually what I bring.  It’s my secret weapon recipe, and people can’t stay out of them!

Grape Jelly Meatballs

1 large package of frozen meatballs

1 bottle of chili sauce

1 jar of grape jelly

Pour bottle of chili sauce into blender, add equal parts grape jelly and blend until smooth.  Put meatballs and sauce into crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. 

2 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Does the root beer pork actually taste like root beer because I don't like Soda at all or any of the flavors for that matter but I am intrigued and I'm sure that my family would probably like it.

Christy said...

No, not really. My mom HATES root beer and she really liked this recipe. There's something magical that happens when you cook pork in sugary soda... it just makes it taste awesome! I have another recipe that makes sweet pork for tacos and you cook it in coke or pepsi. Just make sure not to use diet... the sugar is what makes it work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails