I don’t know how many times I’ve said “I will NEVER do something…”
Classic examples include:
I will NEVER drink caffeinated soda,
I will NEVER go to a Book Club,
I will NEVER like Facebook,
I will NEVER move to Arizona,
I will NEVER start digital scrapbooking…
Well, you get the idea.
Yeah, well, here I am to prove I keep doing things that I say I will never do…
Behold, my first digital scrapbook page!
Many thanks to my new BFF Lindsey, who convinced me to try this out. The beautiful part about it, is that I already own a program that accommodates digital scrapbooking (Photoshop Elements), and she helped me find tons of free scrapbook kits to download (Shabby Princess kits are awesome!) She even taught me some tricks of the trade that I may never have figured out on my own… like how to get the shadow behind the elements, and how to weave things through the other elements.
So now that I’m over 4 years behind on my scrapbooking, I’ve come up with a new plan to get caught up. I’m going to keep paper scrapbooking, and work forward in time from where I am currently on the paper books. I’m also going to start digital scrapbooking my current pictures. As I work, I will start working backwards on my digital scrapbooks. Hopefully at some point paper will meet PC and I’ll have everything done! (Once I get the hang of digital scrapbooking, I will be able to work MUCH faster!) I expect this to take a year or two, but I feel like it’s possible now. Hooray! And thanks again, Lindsey… you have been my photography/scrapbooking lifesaver! I think I’ll have to bring you some brownies!
And if you are wondering what I’m going to do with that super expensive Cricut I bought 2 years ago… don’t worry, I am getting all kinds of use out of it making fun projects on glass blocks and t-shirts.
5 comments:
Yay!!! It turned out fabulous!! You are so welcome, I'm just really glad to have a buddy to do it with and share ideas with (along with photography ideas). Now that I got all of my photo session pics edited I will get started on my month behind blog!!
Sorry, I didn't respond to the comment you left on my blog post. I saw it really late. But yes, fellow blogger I am. I do have a question about the digital scrapbooking thingy. Do you print the pages out or leave them on the computer? I'm trying to decide if I want to go that route with things.
P.S I love your pics :)
I have been dying to try and figure out this digital scrapbook program I bought almost a year ago at the scrapbook expo!! I think Im just frustereated because I have no idea what im doing and can not figure out any of the "tricks". Your idea is the same as mine. I have not printed one singel picture from this whole year thinking I will do them all digitally. I have been using the My Publisher books thru Costco and I love them but I really want to figure out my program! What size pages are you doing and how are you printing them up? The one you posted looks great! I will check out the free site you talked about and see if I can get some ideas. I also did some "regualar" scrapbooking last weekend and blew all the dust off my cricut...and it did not want to turn on :( I had left the cartridge in it...so I took it out then it started...who knows!
I am saving all my pages on my hard drive in 12x12 format, and then when I have a good number of them, I am going to print a book on blurb.com. A 400 page book costs .50 per page, which is pretty cheap when you break it down like that. Not sure how many pages I will stockpile before I actually print a book, but that's the plan right now.
Wow! You are quite the FANCY digital scrapper! I am impressed!
Post a Comment