Saturday, April 2, 2011

Heat Wave

Yesterday we had record heat.  97 degrees on April 1st.  Very uncool April Fool’s Joke by Mother Nature. UGH… I’m not ready for summer!  This has been the first real hot spell this year.  Two weeks ago we were pushing it at 90 a couple days, but it didn’t last long and it still got cold at night.  (Cold at night here translates into the 50’s.)   When the boys got off their bus, they were so hot and miserable.  They decided today would be the first swim day of the year.  Here’s the problem… the pool is only 68 degrees right now.  They didn’t’ let that deter them.DSC_0889_edited-1

As soon as they went outside I had the thought… GRAB THE CAMERA!  As I rustled around for the camera, I heard the splashes of their cannonballs, but grabbed the camera and ran out the door.  I didn’t know how long they would last in the freezing cold water and I wanted to grab a couple pics.  I was worried that the lens that was on my camera wouldn’t be the right one, it was the 70-300 zoom that Eric got me for Christmas.  But look at the results!  I am in LOVE with these two photos.  In love.  It’s rare I can get Ian to genuinely smile at me.  He is very self conscious of his teeth, and so it tends to affect how he smiles.  You can tell by his eyes that he’s smiling, but he gets to keep his teeth hidden.DSC_0887_edited-1

And this is the epitome of cuteness.  I know I shouldn’t brag, but I can’t help it sometimes.  And I am so thrilled with how that drop of water is dripping off his chin.  (Taylor thought it was drool.  It’s NOT. It’s pool water.)  Turns out they were shivering after about 5 minutes, so they came inside, wrapped up in jumbo towels, sat down to watch a movie and begged me to make them some hot chocolate.  Not bad for a Friday afternoon. 

3 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

Awesome pictures, I love them!! This heat has been crazy and I'm hoping it isn't here for good. Just a few more days of cooler weather would be nice!!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I think the cooler weather is gone unfortunately. I hate AZ summer's. If you don't swim, there is NOTHING to do, it's just too hot. I'll be busy indoors with a newborn this summer :)

Janine said...

Oh, it's not braggin -- it's FACT! The boys are gorgeous and the pictures you took incredible. Without reading your blog I could see the smile all over Ian's face - those eyes are beautiful! And I am blown away at how you can SEE the water still on Brayden's face and then of course the amazing drip. Beautiful photography and subjects!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails