I'm not sure if it was fate or not, but we ended up being home visiting during our 20th wedding anniversary. This beautiful LDS temple was where we were married in Oakland, CA.
This is the view of the Bay from terrace on top of the Temple
This temple has always been my favorite. It's the temple I grew up going to for baptisms, and it's the temple I vowed I would be married in. I was lucky that Eric was also from the Bay Area, so there was no debate about our wedding location when the time came!
Pictures like this make me Sooooo homesick for my Bay Area....
There is a beautiful christmas light display at the Oakland Temple. We were lucky that the night we picked to go was pretty quiet. We really did have the place to ourselves. (Maybe because it was COLD and windy....)
Every year the temple has been closed during Christmas vacation for one of it's bi-annual cleanings. They will open up one day during that time to accomodate live sealings. So, we've never been able to go back to the temple and do any work there for our anniversary. Since I knew we'd be there for our 20th anniversary, I decided to check the schedule again, just in case, and guess what... they were open! We were able to take some family names and go do proxy sealings for some of Eric's ancestors. It's been too long since we've been in the sealing room, and I was super grateful to be able to go back and be reminded of the special blessings that come with a temple marriage.
This was the only picture I managed to get of Eric and I in front of Our Temple. I'm so thankful to have him in my life. Best decision I ever made!








No comments:
Post a Comment