Saturday, January 26, 2013

Skyline Park

We were so thankful we stayed two weeks in California, because the first week was wet and rainy.  Week two was much nicer!  We were looking for a place to go for a day trip with the family... something family friendly, cheap and fun for all ages.  We were originally thinking about Muir Woods, but then my brother-in-law suggested Skyline Park in Napa.  Seriously brilliant.  Cheap, no crowds and only 30 minutes away for all of us!

Ethan, Brayden, Matt, Kate and Dallyn finding swords  sticks while we ate lunch.
Lots of beautiful picnic areas everywhere!
I could have admired this view ALL day.... sigh....

How nice of the park to provide a port potty.  It looked attractive, but the smell was horrific.
Given it's location along the trail, it probably doesn't get a lot of maintenance. 


Megan and Kate
At first the road was surrounded by oaks and scrub brush, but the deeper we walked into the canyon, the prettier it got.
Ferns, rocks and a waterfall... what more could you ask for?  Is this really just a few miles from downtown Napa?
Moss and lichen were growing on EVERYTHING!


Nine cousins made this hike.  Lyndi was missed, but stayed home sick with a 24 hour flu bug.  

This lake was our final destination for the day.  It was absolutely gorgeous!
Proof I was there.... I often have to ask people to take my picture or I won't end up being in any at all.  I'm so glad all my kids have a love for the outdoors.  I love spending time with our family!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails