
...it stands for Children's Sacrament Meeting Program. For the last seven years, it has been a Sunday that I dreaded and stressed over. While serving in Primary, this is the "big one"... the day when all the children (3-12) sing and speak about all they've learned in Primary during the year. It's the Sunday that people invite friends and family and the grandparents show up just to see the kids sing. This is the first time in seven years, that I haven't been involved one bit in the planning of this event. When Brother Chubbs got up and said how this is his most favorite Sunday of the whole year, I inwardly thought... not mine! Then, I got to sit through 30-40 minutes of the kids (including Megan and Ian) bearing testimony and singing about the gospel. It was awesome! It's now going to be my favorite Sunday of the year from now on! Today's program was wonderful and I appreciated it so much more since I've personally been involved in planning them for so long. It was great to be able to come and feel the spirit and enjoy the program and not worry about all the little details that I'm so used to dealing with on a day like this! I cried through the whole closing song... it was so moving to hear the kids sing, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" - when it was time for the congregation to join in, I was so choked up, I couldn't sing! Well done everyone!
1 comment:
I've never had to put the Primary Program together so it's always been my favorite Sunday of the year.
Post a Comment